Fundraising for Cambodia

Over the past few days, I visited many orphans, schools, mosques and many isolated, remote Muslim villages in the northern and eastern side of Cambodia, approximately 3-4 hours drive from Phnom Penh.

The hardships our fellow brothers and sisters have endured over the last few decades is heart wrenching. The history of our fellow Muslim community during the Khmer Rouge regime in the 1970s has not been forgotten. The psychological scars and recounts from the elderly have certainly raised a few tears.

I’ve taken part in AusRelief’s ‘Feed the Needy’ program during these last few days of Ramadan and although I’ve been part of several of their field trips in 2016, 2017 and now 2018, it is always difficult to comprehend the level of poverty that exists and the trauma many of their people have endured. In saying this, the warmth of the people welcome us each and every time. I’d like to thank AusRelief for allowing me to take part in their humanitarian endeavours and see first-hand how their fundraising efforts are spent on our fellow brothers and sisters.

The generosity of the Arkana College community has also brought me to tears. We have raised $30,162.90 to date and it will be used to support orphans. We have also assisted a School here in Cambodia develop an English as a second language curriculum. Inshallah, the children will acquire and master the English language.

Jazak Allahu Khayrun and may Allah swt reward you all for your generosity. Anyone wanting to donate to AusRelief can do so by visiting their website https://www.ausrelief.org/

Categorised in: ,

Thank you! You will recieve a confirmation email soon...