Our admission process is always fair to all applicants. However, due to the limited number of places available each year, siblings are given first preference in most cases. All other applicants, upon registering, will be placed on the waiting list and will be informed as a place becomes available.
Please note that Kindergarten enrolments are closed for 2020 and 2021. You may contact us for other information.
Arkana College is a comprehensive Islamic co-educational Kindergarten – Year 6 School providing an education underpinned by religious Islamic values and operating within the policies of the NSW Education Standards Authority. All applications will be processed in order of receipt and consideration will be given to the applicant’s support for the ethos of the school, an interview process, an assessment and other criteria determined by the school from time to time. Once enrolled, students are expected to act consistently with the school’s ethos and comply with the school rules to maintain the enrolment. Parents must also be supportive of the school’s policies, procedures and ethos.
1. All applications are processed within the school’s enrolment policy.
2. We consider each applicant’s interview responses regarding their ability and willingness to support the school’s policies, procedures and ethos.
3. We consider each child’s assessment results and educational needs. To do this, the school will need to gather information and consult with the parents/family and other relevant persons/bodies.
4. Identify any strategies which need to be put into place to accommodate the applicant before a decision regarding the enrolment is made.
5. Inform the applicant of the outcome.
6. Enrolment information will be sent out. Students enrolling must turn 5 before the 31st May of the year they are due to start school.
7. Enrolment will comply with the Disability Discrimination Act.
Please note that our 2020 and 2021 waiting lists for Kindergarten enrolments have closed. For further enquiries, please email Jennie Davie firstname.lastname@example.org.